Today I am sharing with you a Granny Square Cushion Cover tutorial! If you know how to crochet a granny square then you will find this tutorial a piece of cake! I personally used a solid granny square pattern but you are free to use any granny square pattern you like! This is a simple project for beginners.
How many cushions are enough? Well, in my home, cushions and pillows are a must! For this reason, I am in a mission to create amazingly beautiful cushion covers and make our home even more colorful.
Granny Square Cushion Cover
Materials you will need to make this Granny Square Cushion Cover
- a granny square, if you have one ready, or yarn to make one.
- an old cushion
- a pillowcase
- The granny square needs to be big enough to match the pillowcase.
- Measure and cut te top part of the pillowcase (the part that is open) but leave at least 4-5 cm extra.
- Put them granny square on top of the pillowcase and use to pins to hold it in place.
4. Now, stitch the pillowcase and granny square all around. When, you finish the 3 sides, insert the old cushion inside and stitch the rest of it firmly.
That’s it….! What do you think? I love this colors and it matched my old pillowcase, perfectly.
Now, you should have a beautiful new cushion using an old pillowcase and a granny square. If you want to be able to take the cushion cover off, then, instead of stitching it, you should install a zipper.
If you would like some more project ideas for your granny squares, have a look at the posts below:
I hope you have enough inspiration for your granny square projects!
Keep on creating and keep on dreaming 🙂